The ‘standing desk’ has become more popular recently – with the growth of social media, the more information is shared of people using their standing desk.
A standing desk is exactly what is states. It allows you to work on your laptop or computer in a standing position. It can also be adjusted to convert into a normal sitting desk. They come in 2 types:
– A standing desk – A fully adjustable desk that can go from sitting to standing with easy adjustment.
– Desktop Add-on – There are units that can be placed onto a standard desk, that can convert a normal desk to a standing desk (usually a lot cheaper).
So what’s all the fuss about? There are many benefits to working in a standing position, 4 of the top benefits include:
– Health – Back pain is one of the most common complaints from office and desk workers. There are many studies that show proven results of reduced lower back pain and also reduced pain and tension in the neck and upper back.
– Burning Calories – It has also been proven that spending half a day standing can burn 150+ CALS. This can make a massive difference if you do this daily overtime.
– Energy & Mood – research has shown an increase in staff energy and mood levels whilst standing at a desk. When returning to sitting desks mood levels returned back to lower levels.
– Productivity – With the boost in energy & mood, the output of work and efficiency increases whilst standing at a desk.
So where can you get one?
A quick google for ‘standing desk’ returns lots of options, but the below are my favourites and on my wish list for my home office:
STANDING DESK – Rogue Stand Up Desk based on the Rogue fitness squat rack (Pretty cool!)